To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Port Arthur, TX 77641
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Cost Accountant
Praxair-Global Hydrogen • Port Arthur, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
This position coordinates and leads the operations and maintenance cost control activities for Sabine Enclave plants. Responsible for ensuring all transactions are expensed to the correct account. Interacts with vendors and employees.
This position monitors all operational and maintenance costs for the Sabine Enclave plants.
This position reports to the Enclave Maintenance Superintendent in the US HyCO organization.
- Monitors all operational and maintenance costs for the Sabine Enclave plants.
- Provides support during all phases for lump sum and cost reimbursable projects.
- Provides monthly variance explanations and provide financial recommendations to Finance and management.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Forecasts Estimate at Complete (EAC) to identify areas of risk to cost and schedule
- Creates and maintains project portfolios, associated budgets and deliverables
- Conducts financial audits on projects and evaluates inconsistencies.
- Maintains weekly, monthly and yearly cost reports and expenses.
- Maintains change orders, invoices and purchase order logs.
- Processes, validates and reconciles all invoices.
- Processes, validates and reconciles vendor timesheets for major turnarounds and routine work.
- Monitors Purchase Orders transactions and creates change orders, when needed, with supporting documentation from Vendors
- Creates Request for Purchase (RFPs) for all turnarounds, maintenance and operations to ensure timely delivery of materials/services.
- Assists management with monthly reviews of period costs to assure costs are applied to correct Purchase Orders/Work Orders and reclass costs accordingly.
- Completes yearly accounting accruals.
- Assists in development of budgets and analyzes current year spend to determine estimate at complete.
- Manage day to day Accounting/Finance processes (A/P) with accounting staff.
- Closely interacts with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Proven work ethic and high level of responsibility.
- Experience in coordinating and performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Software: Microsoft Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in Accounting or Finance organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.