Summary of Duties
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management consulting, software development and facilities/infrastructure design, maintenance and program management support of large, complex operational environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a Project Oversight Engineer to join the CGH Team.
The Project Oversight Engineer will be an engineer that primarily provides necessary oversight and quality assurance for reimbursable projects on behalf of the FAA.
This position will provide design reviews and construction oversight and coordinate with airport sponsors and other FAA entities on reimbursable implementation. This engineer will work closely with and coordinate with the FAA NAS Planning Teams within the ATO Planning and Requirements Groups (PRG), Engineering Services (ES), System Support Centers (SSCs), Districts, and the local Airport District Offices (ADOs). When not fully engaged in reimbursable projects, this engineer will also provide engineering support to the districts to support locally implemented BIL projects (those projects being implemented by the SSC without ES involvement). This type of support will involve creating and reviewing simple engineering packages, coordinating with vendors, and overseeing onsite work.
- Serve as the primary FAA point of contact for reimbursable project implementation activities within the districts
- Provide quality assurance on reimbursable projects
- Review sponsor documentation and plans
- Review designs from airport sponsors/consultants
- Oversee construction activities on reimbursable projects
- Communicate project status updates to PRG and other stakeholders
- Coordinate construction activities / runway closures with the airport authority
- Facilitate Operational Risk Management (ORM) activities with the local SSC
- Coordinate flight check activities
- Schedule flight checks
- Coordinate outages with the SSCs
- Participate in reimbursable discovery meetings/process to assist in activities such as:
- Scope development
- Cost estimating
- Impact analysis
- Work closely with local Airport District Offices (ADOs) and ATO NAS Planning Teams to effectively support these reimbursable projects.
- Coordinate closely with ES to ensure quality assurance
- When not engaged in Reimbursable work, provide engineering support for locally implemented BIL projects
- Develop Statements of Work (SOW)
- Develop Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE)
- Coordinate and oversee implementation work
- Coordinate with vendors providing services at the district level
- Serve as resident engineer on projects
Number of Years Experience Required:
- 1 year (Preferable disciplines include Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electronics Engineering)
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree (engineering degree from an ABET accredited school.)
Technical Skills Required:
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for the last 3 years or more.
- A team player but can work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use a computer/keyboard/mouse for several hours on a daily basis.
- May require occasional light lifting of up to 10 pounds.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefit, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Keyboards
- Impact Analysis
- Implement Projects