JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for providing support for trailer movement at the distribution center, as well as assisting preparation of trailers for shipping and monitoring the status of loaded trailers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Drive Tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Clean and spot trailers to specified doors or lot locations.
* Inspect trailers for defects, pre/post tri and submit inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect loaded trailers to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product and that refrigeration unit is functioning: report any issues to Operations Manager or Warehouse Lead.
* Drive tractor-trailer within yard or within short distances outside of yard, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering on the road and on Company premises.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
*Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Have 2 years related driving experience is desired.
* Have 100,000-mile tractor-trailer experience is desired.
* Possess Class A commercial driver's license required.
* Be accident free driving record for the past three years desired.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, bill of lading required.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product required.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.