Assists with responding promptly to neurosurgical clinic patient and floor patients, direct admissions, scheduling surgeries, billing, updating patient list and assists provider with floor rounds (writing notes, orders, wound care, peer reviews, etc.). Assists in surgical procedures, in and out of the operating room. Facilitates timely communication with family and patients. Enters, pre and post-operative orders for floor patients, preoperative history and physicals, and Neurosurgical clinic paperwork in a timely fashion. Facilitates preparation of clinic patients for surgery. Facilitates timely communication with family and patients. Willing to work flexible assigned shifts and be on-call.#CB
1. Knowledgeable of neurosurgical patient standard practices.
2. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Developed effective working relationships with physicians and interdisciplinary team.
4. Works well with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
5. Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change.
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with ability to convey understanding progress of complex issues.
7. Strong organizational and time management skills.
8. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, culturally sensitive.
9. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Three years experience as a Physician Assistant in the ED or ICU setting required.
1. Current Texas License as a Physician Assistant required.
2. Current CPR training requied.
3. ACLS must be obtained within 6 months of being in the position.
Education and Training:
Passing an Accredited Physicians Assistant Educational program and all subsequent tests for certification to work in this role.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)