Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The VP Risk Analysis for Real Estate Finance will:
• Coordinate key risk activities across Real Estate Finance, to ensure material risks are identified, escalated, managed and remediated timely
• Maintain and manage quarter over quarter changes to Real Estate Finance Risk Inventory, coordinate with Corporate Risk Identification team
• Develop and present quarterly FLU Risk Report, including risk limits and/or metrics and dashboards for each risk type, as well as an executive summary to assess any changes to the business risk profile and escalate any issues requiring remediation or follow ups to the Head of Real Estate Finance; identify and implement enhancements to FLU Report design and execution process.
• Participate in or monitor results of corporate Risk Assessments for Real Estate Finance, such as Operational Risk Control Self-Assessments, Third Party Risk Assessments, Compliance Risk Assessments, Business Continuity Planning, SOX, etc.
• Monitor all open issues raised by any control function and/or regulator and follow up to ensure timely remediation; support remediation efforts, as and when needed/ prioritized.
• Take ownerahip of the Real Estate Finance credit and risk Procedures, ensuring appropriate maintenance
• Coordinate Real Estate Finance inputs to key corporate and regulatory initiatives (e.g. Resolution Plan; CCAR; Strategic Plan risk assessment; LIBOR replacement; etc.)
• Perform ad-hoc projects and analysis for Real Estate Finance management team, as needed
In addition to the above, the role also requires the successful candidate to:
• Produce weekly and monthly production reporting including forecasting both for Finance and Treasury, as well as collating data and narrative on BU performance for the Monthly Business Reviews with executive management
• Draft presentations for all regulatory and review meetings (both internal and external to CIT)
• Produce ad-hoc presentations as required by the Head of Real Estate Finance.
• Act as Business Continuity Plan Coordinator for Real Estate Finance, including maintaining the business continuity plan and managing Real Estate Finance's involvement in required plan testing.
• Manage existing relationships with Real Estate Finance vendors and subscription services
• College degree required
• 5+ years of experience in project management, consulting, risk management, control functions and/or reporting & analytics roles, within the financial services industry
• Good understanding of the various risk disciplines, particularly of credit, operational, compliance, fraud, strategic and reputational risks
• Familiarity with key regulations impacting Real Estate Finance is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong written communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently, but also on a team and to gather inputs and drive initiatives cross-functionally
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and complete deliverables by deadlines
• Detail oriented, solid analytical as well as reporting development skills
• Proactive and effective challenge attitude
• Comfort and confidence in interaction with all levels of management.
Business Continuity Planning