To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
49 Robinwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02130
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Substance Abuse Counselor
UHS - Arbour Hospital • Boston, MA
Posted 17 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arbour Hospital is a 136-bed private psychiatric facility located in Boston’s Jamaica Plain neighborhood. The hospital specializes in adult mental health treatment, adolescent and dual diagnosis services. Other services include partial hospitalization programs (PHP) and outpatient treatment.
The Substance Abuse Clinician delivers direct services and coordination of services to clients, and may provide other authorized therapeutic modalities as relevant; participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning; and ensures that any treatments delivered are within the scope of his or her training, experience, and general level of competence.
- Assesses clients or family’s needs, and eligibility for services.
- Provides group, in accordance with assessed client recovery needs.
- Participates in planning treatment programs, dispositional and discharge plans.
- Maintains family, and all collateral contact, as relevant.
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning.
- Develops and maintains client case records, notes, plans, and reports.
- Coordinates, arranges and monitors continuity of care.
- Accepts supervision, and attends regularly-scheduled team, or supervision meetings including Utilization Review Team.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related Program from an accredited college or University.
- License eligible as LICSW, LMHC., LADAC
- Two years experience in providing Substance Abuse interventions and case management with knowledge of addiction recovery dynamics preferred.
- Current CPR certification
- Telephone, Copy machine, Computer, Calculator, Facsimile machine, Postage meter, Policies, procedures, plans, and program manuals
- Ability to sit for long periods, up to 8 hours.
- Ability to use both hands in fine and gross manipulation of small tools (copier, computer, telephone, calculator, safe, facsimile machine).
- Ability to see well enough to read handwritten and typewritten material.
- Ability to stand and walk daily to retrieve forms/supplies for other departments.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to answer and communicate on the facility switchboard, if required to do so.
- Ability to spend working time in environment of continuous moderate voices and office machine noise typical for business office atmosphere.
- Ability to handle a variety of repetitive tasks.