To further strategic goals, Company is now seeking an innovative and experienced Vice President of Sales (VP Sales). This newly-created role will serve as Company’s top strategic sales leader and a valued member of Company’s executive leadership team. Company’s future VP will create compelling sales strategies and form key partnerships with both government entities as well as managed care organizations within the North America region. Company’s VP Sales must bring proven sales leadership and sales management experience in a solution-oriented sales environment along with an owner’s mentality, and, a genuine passion for Company’s unique healthcare transit mission.
Reporting directly to Company’s CEO, the ideal candidate will:
Provide Visionary Entrepreneurial Leadership – Partner closely with Company’s CEO and Executive Team to develop a compelling sales strategy and vision that aligns with Company’s overall business goals. Lead by example with un-reproachable ethical standards, high integrity, and great enthusiasm. Participate in strategic planning and strive to improve bottom-line financial performance of the business. Establish credibility as Company’s key sales leader throughout the organization as well as with Company’s Board. Model entrepreneurial leadership and a continued commitment to furthering mutually beneficial healthcare and transit partnerships.
Create Value through Trusted Client Relationships – Develop relationships with all major managed care organization clients and initiate relationships with new MCOs. Proactively develop C-suite relationships, including multi-level relationship building with MCOs, state governors, and key healthcare and transit associations. Consistently consult with existing clients to imagine new business opportunities and to expand existing services. Align accordingly with internal Company stakeholders to develop innovative proposals, compelling marketing and operational solutions.
Drive National Accounts – Develop a selling process to increase closing and execution on national account plans. Differentiate national account needs and appropriately identify sales efforts necessary to expand account plans. Train and develop sales leaders in best national account management practices.
Manage High-Performing Sales Teams – Provide team leadership and serve as a key resource for a team of 7-8 direct sales leaders in both healthcare and transit. Provide oversight, direction, and strategy for Company’s inside sales and sales support. Drive team motivation and productivity. Train, develop, recruit and retain key sales leaders. Foster a culture of accountability in sales division in to meet short- and long-term goals. Establish a trackable sales process and or proven sales methodology that will lead team members from prospecting through close. Utilize Salesforce to better collect and report upon activities of sales team. Partner closely with sales leaders to expand into new geographical territories, to close sales and to finalize contract terms.
Ensure Profitability & Oversee Pricing and Forecasting – Partner closely with Company’s CFO and CEO to provide effective and proactive P&L management. Drive revenue growth, gross margins, and earnings. Analyze, create, and, present sales reports and forecasts to leadership and Board. Lead the sales forecasting effort for healthcare and transit to meet long-term goals for profitable sales. Develop and implement standard pricing methodology that empowers our business development executives to expedite on preliminary pricing without engaging our pricing team.
Inspire Innovation & Excellence in Customer Support – Strive for excellence in customer service to ensure Company is cultivating client relationships towards increased revenue and customer loyalty. Manage and resolve client issues by communicating and engaging with the appropriate internal resources. Serve as chief thought leader and advisor to both Company customers and internal constituents on existing trends within the healthcare transit solutions space. Inspire innovation in Company’s product and service offerings through comprehensive knowledge of customer needs as well as industry and product-service offering gaps.
- Minimum of 12-15+ years of progressive sales leadership experience, including prior experience as senior member of an executive leadership team, and/or, in a senior sales role driving overall sales for a specific division/business unit.
- Experience must include 5+ years in a sales management capacity with responsibility for a team of senior sales leaders and oversight for inside sales and customer support.
- Ideal candidates bring sales leadership experience in the healthcare sector and/or experience selling into government entities. A deep understanding of Medicaid plan providers and or healthcare technology product sales also a plus.
- Demonstrated success in securing and maximizing national account relationships.
- Proven ability to master knowledge in various market sectors and to gain competitive research and insights at a national-global level.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including prior P&L management experience.
- 4-year degree required; MBA and/or related graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel 50%+ throughout North America as necessary for clients and team meetings.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment with an appreciation for corporate and family values.
- Proven experience in cultivating organizational change and creating buy-in for new initiatives through an educational and data-driven approach.
- A collaborative, yet, competitive and resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
- Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others, including superior listening and probing skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills and strong business acumen required.
- Personable, approachable, and visible leadership style coupled with a sense of humor!
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity and character.
- Willingness to travel to customer locations nationwide.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 588141
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.