With our powerful brand and the mentoring we offer, you will find your position as a Member Representative II can lead to a rewarding career at our growing organization.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Possess the appropriate State Property & Casualty license
- Successful completion of Customer Service, Club and Payment Processing training within 6 months of hire
- May be required to attain and maintain state membership licenses as appropriate by department
- Club promotions including the sales of club and membership products and services
- Promoting the sales of ACG insurance using established guidelines
- Providing a high level of customer-focused service
- Servicing insurance policies and processing applications, renewals and amendments
- Taking payments
- Responding to billing and coverage questions
- Promoting the sale of insurance products and membership products
- Processing monetary transactions
- Outbound promotional calls for insurance
- Computer software applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and web based operations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Auto Club Group Preferred Vendors requirements
- Auto Club Group service standards
- Insurance terminology
- General insurance regulations
- Underwriting procedures
- Sales regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Insurance Systems (e.g. PPS, POS, IMS, IPM) and/or membership systems
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with others in a work environment
- Perform mathematical calculations to accurately perform monetary transactions
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Exceed member expectations relating to professionalism of demeanor, efficient and effective customer service (on phone or in person) and maintenance of workstation and office facility
- Work irregular hours including holidays and weekends (may include community events)
- Work under pressure in a high volume, fast paced customer service environment
- Maintain appropriate State Property & Casualty license
What it’s like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 13 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
AAA Membership growth and renewal
Become the “flagship club” of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.