To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Merchant Services Sales Manager
M&T Bank • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Merchant Services Sales Manager
Position will be responsible for developing new Merchant sales and expanding relationships with existing Bank customers though staffing and management of a Sales unit within the Merchant Services business. Position will drive sales results through effective sales management routines and strong partnerships with M&T internal business partners.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Exercise usual managerial authority with respect to staffing for the Sales Unit, including, performance management activities, Annual Performance objectives, management of daily work activities, employee development, salary recommendations, and terminations. Develop individual performance plans for team members and review progress on a monthly basis to ensure individual and team success.
• Provide ongoing support to sales representatives and serve as escalation point for resolution of sales management issues.
• Understanding of and participation in the sales process, including PCS (needs identification through relationship development) and the ability to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Develops strong working relationship with the Commercial banking lines of business and stakeholders.
• Work with Merchant Services management and business partners to develop and implement sales and call goals, and develop effective incentive plan strategy.
• Provide day-to-day pipeline management for sales representatives including guidance on pricing proposals, selling techniques and skills.
• Provide reporting to senior management within Commercial Payment Solutions, as well as Commercial Banking on sales and revenue performance.
• Work in conjunction with the Bank's Commercial Banking Product Management and Commercial Marketing and Analysis groups to identify potential product development needs, data mining/prospect lists, share competitive information and position merchant service sales strategies and marketing materials.
• Maintain strong business partnerships with Commercial teams. Work with line of business partners to create effective sales and market strategies.
Nature and Scope:
• The position is responsible for driving revenue generation, expansion and maintenance of the Bank's Merchant Service business, specifically in the Commercial and Middle Market segments.
• Up to ten direct and indirect reports.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or four years relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales or related role, Merchant Services experience strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• MBA preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively one on one and across a large audience (conference call, email etc.)
• Goal driven and proven ability to have strong internal partnerships.
• Strong product knowledge and experience identifying needs based on client life cycle and industry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management, peers).
• Travel across the Bank footprint for partner calls required.
• Good personal computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
Job Posting: Jan 31, 2018, 3:51:43 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing