GuideOne is a community for good. We exist to help our members achieve their goal of making the world a better place.
For 75 years, GuideOne has existed to help our policyholders achieve their goal of making the world a better place. Our Claims department is critical to our success because this department connects with policyholders who are under stress from experiencing a crisis. We offer reassurance, sympathy and expert guidance as we help them recover, alleviating much of their worry. We serve as a real partner to our policyholders by efficiently processing claims so they can resume their life's work without unnecessary delay. Our Claims department welcomes people who are optimistic, enjoy helping others in times of need and are compassionate about supporting positive change. This individual will help us achieve business goals while uplifting our nimble, reliable, fun, passionate and courageous workplace culture.
Our Claims department welcomes people who are optimistic, enjoy helping others in times of need and are compassionate about making positive change in the world. We serve as a real partner to our members by efficiently, quickly processing claims so they can resume their life's work without unnecessary delay.
As a GuideOne Casualty Claims Adjuster, you will:
* Investigates coverage and cause of loss on routine to more complicated claims, which includes but is not limited to policy review, interviewing all parties associated with the loss and gathering and analyzing all necessary investigative documentation.
* Handles non-represented, represented and litigated injury and property damage claims including investigating and evaluating those exposures. Identifies exposures with significate severity to triage to the large loss team.
* Provides accurate assessments and negotiates fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Settles losses according to the documented damage, the language of the policy of insurance, pertinent regulatory and statutory considerations and within granted authority.
* Prepares written communication, including but not limited to settlement letters, disclaimers of coverage and reservation of rights letters.
* Maintains effective claim file documentation and diary system. Monitor diary to achieve timely development of file and timely disposition of the claim.
* Recognizes and pursues recovery opportunities and prepares submissions to SIU when indicated.
* Assigns and supervises field examiners and vendor resources, including but not limited to independent adjusters, engineers and other experts as needed.
* Assumes additional duties as defined.
* 5 or more years in the handling of Liability Claims.
* Understands concepts of coverage, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolution using best practices.
* Ability to take responsibility and work independently in a home based environment.
* Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations.
* Willingness to travel periodically.
* Bachelors degree preferred
* Willingness to obtain state licensing or certification where required
* Ability to formulate sound expense, indemnity, and business judgment while supporting loss evaluations and presenting them effectively.
* Basic computer skills including Microsoft applications
* Perform work related simple and advanced mathematical problems and calculations
* Compose written correspondence and factual repots which are well organized and concise, utilizing proper English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
About GuideOne description:
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We work hard to invest in and support each other - because there's no end to the good we can do, together.
For more than 75 years, GuideOne Insurance Company has supported our policyholders' goals by providing nimble solutions for their niche needs. We are a recognized expert in providing property and liability insurance and risk management solutions through GuideOne Insurance, GuideOne National, CGA Insurance Services and GC3. Our company is guided by our mission and our promise - We Help Make Positive Change Possible® - by protecting the people who strengthen and support our communities.
We provide insurance and risk management services to:
* Religious Organizations
* Nonprofit Organizations
* Educational Institutes
* Program Business
* Infrastructure & Rail
* Energy & Mining
* Technical Property
Our company's history reveals a legacy of melding social conscience with sound business practice. We pursue excellence and integrity, which is fueled by a nimble, reliable, fun, passionate and courageous workplace culture. We're proud to be recognized as a Best-in-Class Employer in Gallagher's 2021 Benefits Strategy & Benchmarking Survey and rated "A-" (Excellent) by industry analyst AM Best.
This Company Participates in E-Verify
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Casualty Claims Adjuster - Remote Opportunity!
Background Check Required
- Claim Processing