To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Muscatine, IA 52761
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Stanley Consultants, Inc. • Muscatine, IA
Posted 22 days ago
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for performing relatively complex and high-level accounting functions in accordance with the firm’s accounting principles and policies, while also performing tax filings/research and analytics as requested by the organization. Works with minimal supervision and may provide guidance to other accounting team members.
- Perform assigned duties with deadlines on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual basis
- General accounting for joint ventures: invoicing, cash receipts, financial statements, etc.
- Assist with payroll activities and provide backup support in payroll process
- Fixed asset and prepaid expense entries and reconciliations
- Submittal of property tax returns, state & regional sales & use tax returns & additional misc. filings
- Investigate tax discrepancies, as needed
- 1099 Preparation
- General accounting for subsidiaries: cash receipts, journal entries, financial statements, etc.
- Assist/prepare voluntary benchmark survey responses for various voluntary industry publications and various government agencies
- Various items and special projects as assigned: Involves auditing, analysis, investigation, reports to management or other company departments, etc.
- Provide and implement recommendations on procedures or reports to management
- Identify and investigate errors or problems and make corrections
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Experience in preparing and understanding financial statements
- Understanding of accounting principles, general ledger, and P&L is required
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under deadlines and work independently (i.e. complete regular assignments and special assignments simultaneously)