Job ID: CEP003788About Us
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way
and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
This position will be based in Connecticut, preferably Hartford, but will give support throughout the Northeast.
- Travel throughout a designated service region on short notice to support the company's products and field service partners.
- Provide occasional weekend service support within a short period of time.
- Partner with the Field Application Specialist group to do installations and customer training.
- Provide support of highly technical and/or sophisticated products.
- Achieve and exceed Customer Satisfaction objectives
- Perform routine standard procedures to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Document and report the company's product "design reliability" and "maintenance issues" and/or problems to technical support.
An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
Education or Experience:
• An Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Engineering (or related discipline) or the equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge and skills:
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical failures and method of resolution to business partners and customers is required.
• Capable of handling advanced complaints, and troubleshooting independently.
• Possess the ability to work with customers and vendors at both a business and technical level.
• An exceptional time management skill is a must.
• Ability to conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules necessary.
• Proficient in computer hardware and software repair.
• Ability to configure network devices and interface Cepheid product to local networks.
• Capable of explaining technical procedures in writing or verbally is essential.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize events and maintain composure under high levels of demand is necessary.
• Ability to work independently and be self - motivated is required.
• Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause and implement corrective action. Troubleshooting skills with automation robotics preferred.
• Proficient in reporting activities, maintaining local spare parts inventory recording, and travel expenses is necessary.
• Able to travel approximately 75% of the time with overnight stays.
Physical requirements/abilities: Danaher Corporation Overview
• Must be able to lift 45 lbs over the shoulder and place the equipment into a slot within a unit that is 5 feet high
• Ability to maneuver/push equipment (weighing over 1,000 lbs) on wheels
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Field Service Management