Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Lead and maintain equipment complies with all safety, environmental and other regulatory compliances. Track and identify engineering expense and capital budgeting compliance.
Ensure the proper design, installation, modification and maintainability of new and existing plant equipment, buildings and facilities. Provide the necessary engineering and maintenance support to the production organization in order to promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop and execute activities involving continuous improvement tools analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions and facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs. These duties would include training and instruction of appropriate team members and day-to-day floor support.
- Identify and take measure to correct unacceptable performance through analysis and technical knowledge of the product and process including waste and cost reduction.
- Prepare cost estimates, financially justify project, prepare budgets, review design, supervise installation and commissioning.
- Researches new equipment, systems and processes to advance plant operations of larger scale projects.
- Develop and implement activities to ensure safety, environmental and other regulatory compliance by working with appropriate associates on EHS issues, following the implementation of MSR's and continually improving the communication across all relevant departments.
- Facilitate contractor to management process and periodically audit contractor's work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 4 years' experience working with multidisciplinary engineering and maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
- Equipment design experience and project engineering or project management role is preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Computerized layout, spreadsheet and database management.
- Strong communication, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to understand plant layouts, capital estimating, associate-man computations, tire manufacturing equipment processes.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tyre companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer Staff.
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Database, Engineering, Technology
Continuous Improvement Process