Shop WelderShop welder with valve experience.
The Welder is responsible for the set-up and operation of welding equipment to weld repair/modify valve components including but not limited to: wedges, seat rings, valve bodies, and gear/actuation mounting hardware according to client specifications.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM's Core Values
- Operates welding machines that are used to repair/modify valve components according to client specifications
- Reads, interprets and understands production schedule and specifications to plan tasks related to work orders and determine the appropriate welding equipment or method
- Establishes components for welding according to specifications
- Performs testing and inspection of welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintains welding equipment to meet safety standards
- Completes documentation of welding activities
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of training in Vocational school, or relevant industry experience required.
- Ability to pass a standard Code Welder exam required.
- Ability to operate GTAW, SMAW, FCAW and GMAW welding equipment required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Travel Requirements: 0% - 25
- Position is based out of a shop location.
- Shop duties require indoor and outdoor work in a shop atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors
- Working in shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
- Must be able to tolerate climate changes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a shop environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively
- Excellent communication skills
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Use Welding Equipment
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Use Welding Technique
- Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding
- Welding Symbols
- Welding Procedures