TITLE: Project Manager, Fuel Supply (Natrium)
LOCATION: Bellevue and Everett, WA, USA
TerraPower® is a nuclear energy technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At our core, we are working to raise living standards globally. The essential factor? Energy. In 2006, the company originated with Bill Gates and a group of like-minded visionaries who evaluated the fundamental challenges to raising living standards around the world. They recognized energy access was crucial to the health and economic well-being of communities and decided that the private sector needed to take action and create energy sources that would advance global energy deployment. TerraPower’s mission is to be a world leader in new nuclear technologies, while developing innovators and future leaders in the nuclear field. TerraPower is committed to bringing sustainable, affordable and safe energy to address global issues. As a result, the company’s activities in the fields of nuclear energy and related sciences are yielding significant innovations in the safety and economics of nuclear power, hybrid energy and medical applications.
TerraPower is seeking to hire highly motivated and forward-thinking professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development, and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape. TerraPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, TerraPower has instituted an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) in an effort to proactively recruit, hire, and promote women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.
Project Manager, Fuel Supply (Natrium)
The Project Manager, Fuel Supply will be focused on management and development of fabrication related fuel supply for our Natrium project and will have primary responsibility for managing prototype fuel fabrication process development at TerraPower and coordinating the integration of vendors’ fuel fabrication scope into the Natrium Project. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President and Project Director of our Natrium Demonstration Reactor and will have significant interface with the other Natrium Project Managers.
- Manage prototype process equipment development project activities at Everett Laboratory.
- Coordinate and oversee vendor’s fuel fabrication project activities, including fabrication process, fabrication facility, facility licensing, sourcing, shipping container package, and fuel fabrication operation.
- Develop scope, schedule, resource estimates, sourcing and budget for specific project activities.
- Develop implementation plan for fabrication of advanced fuel designs and execute.
- Work with TerraPower Natrium Project Managers, subrecipients and vendors to establish overall procurement strategy for the Natrium Program.
- Work with procurement and quality assurance to identify potential suppliers of project specific equipment and services.
- Work with Contracts and Supply Management to ensure that the procurement processes are followed to comply with government requirements and to meet project goals.
- Coordinate with Engineering and ensure that long-lead items are procured in a timely manner.
- Identify issues associated with vendor work that may have an adverse impact on the success of the project.
- Review vendor work for project acceptance and ensure that the Engineering department performs design reviews of the vendor work as appropriate.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or B.A. degree, with a Master advanced degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong preference for degree with Nuclear Engineering or related subject focus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience directly related to aspects of nuclear fuel fabrication, either directly or indirectly. Previous working experience in a LWR fuel fabrication facility and metal processing plant is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience directly related to Engineering, Project Management or Project Delivery with preference for 3 years’ of engineering project leadership or management experience.
- Working knowledge of project controls tools, including scheduling and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Technical background, including engineering management, is highly desirable.
- Strong ability to drive improvements and achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills required
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs/day
- Travel required: 0-25%
TerraPower’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. TerraPower must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate TerraPower’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, TerraPower may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
Please visit [ Link removed ] to apply
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Earned Value Management
- Engineering Management
- Forward Thinking