BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments
The Mobile Engineer - HVAC/Refrigeration has a minimum 5 years’ experience and holds a valid certification to provide HVAC services in the State in which the work is performed. The incumbent is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, routine services on facility mechanical and other systems for the assigned facility within the limits of company policy and trade certification. The Mobile Engineer – HVAC/Refrigeration is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, security and fire protection.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Installation & Troubleshooting
- Overhauls and services air conditioning, heating units and systems.
- Repairs, replaces and adjusts worn or broken parts HVAC equipment.
- Repairs and adjusts valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with heating and air conditioning units and systems.
- Installs motors, thermostats, and humidistats.
- Installs air conditioning, heating, and related equipment and components.
- Delivers the preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices.
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance activities at assigned facility.
- Performs regular monitoring, inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime and safety objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facility is maintained.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all assigned tools/equipment and arranges for repair and replacement where required.
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical conditions and deficiencies and provides recommendations for enhancement and repair.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Certification required to do HVAC work in States assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required as a HVAC/Refrigeration Technician
- Strong ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Ability to maintain building mechanical and other system troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Current working knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Must be able to work the scheduled on-call/standby in order to respond to emergency call outs as they arise
- Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
- Valid drivers’ license
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Licensing as required to operate as an HVAC service technician in State assigned.
Further information is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mobile Tech - HVAC- $1,500 retention bonus
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS that have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity. Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
- Building Codes
- Customer Relationship Management
- Facility Operations