About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Health practice offers in-depth programmatic knowledge and regulatory expertise to help state and municipal health agencies respond to regulatory change, improve access to health care, maximize program revenue, improve business processes, and achieve regulatory compliance. Using industry best practices, PCG’s Health team helps organizations deliver quality services with constrained resources to promote improved client outcomes. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Management Consultant, Health & Human Services Practice.
The cost allocation team works with state and local government clients on cost allocation, administrative claiming, time studies, and policy.
As a key member of the cost allocation and administrative claiming consulting team, this position supports public clients across the country and reports directly to Senior Management. Will be responsible for developing and executing programmatic knowledge in health and human services, particularly the Medicaid and Title IV-E programs; preparing complicated financial spreadsheets and using database software tools designed to support government cost accounting projects; maintaining contact with clients; supervising staff on project components and developing junior staff; and maintain a book a business and growing the business through client relationships and sales and marketing efforts. Will be part of dynamic team and willing to work on both projects and business development efforts.
Travel (50%) and work over 40 hours per week is required.
- Manage multiple projects on behalf of PCG, both in the New England area and across the country, related to government cost accounting in the health and human services area.
- Manage a team of direct reports, as well as additional staff working across assigned projects.
- Manage client relationships related to these and other projects.
- Willingness to learn Medicare and Medicaid Cost Principles, and/or cost allocation methodologies used by government agencies and/or health facilities.
- Gain understanding of the Federal Medicaid program and other health and human services programs, including Medicaid, SNAP, Title IV-E, Title IV-B, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), and/or Workforce Development.
- Interact with technology team responsible for supporting software tools used to execute software.
- Manage sales and marketing efforts necessary to support and grow business.
- Participate and support Center of Excellence, Practice Area, and firm-wide initiatives related to various non-project related initiatives.
- Collaborate on other PCG projects as necessary
- BA Degree
- 8+ years of work experience.
- Commitment to life long learning.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated sales and/or marketing experience.
- Strong public speaking experience and/or comfort level speaking in front of a variety of different audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Access programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of the CMS-64, CMS-21, and CB-496 federal reports.
- Software development/implementation experience
- Accounting/financial management experience.
- PMP certification.
- Masters Degree in Business, Public Administration, Public Health, Accounting, or related field or CPA.