To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO 63121
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP Supply Chain
DRS Technologies, Inc., • St. Louis, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
Vice President I, Supply Chain Management – Job Description/Duties
Leonardo DRS Land Systems is seeking a full time VP, Supply Chain Management that is responsible for the day-to-day Supply Chain activities and leadership of the department. Creates the vision for the implementation, execution, maintenance, support and continuous improvement of Supply Chain and procurement processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish overall direction for Supply Chain (Strategic Supply Management and Procurement, and may include adjacent functions such as Planning, Warehousing and Logistics) while creating and implementing a vision for continual improvement of procurement processes at detail level as well as higher organizational levels
- Lead the transformation of the business unit’s supply chain management function, including direct and indirect procurement and logistics
- Participate as a partner on the senior leadership team to fully engage and understand the business strategy and bring the external market place dynamics into the strategy and planning process
- Drive continuous functional improvements including standard processes and tools and functional best practices
- Develop a high-performing team with the skills and capabilities to deliver on the long-term needs of the business
- Champion and coach the supply teams on use of standard sourcing processes, category management, engaging low-cost country suppliers, risk mitigation and supplier performance management
- Work with others to establish methodologies to resolve process issues, establish processes and ensure that these processes comply with Government, Corporate and Company requirements
- Ensure disciplined, aggressive proposal evaluation teams with a strong supplier selection process, technical evaluation and cost/price analysis
- Manage operational programs that will enhance profitability and service to customers
- Ensure products and services obtained by the team meet quality, cost and schedule objectives in accordance with program and company requirements
- Provide people leadership focused upon personal and collective accountability while fostering an environment that enhances personal growth and career development through mentoring and training; performance management, and challenging the organization to strive for higher performance levels
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the sourcing strategy implementation, contract compliance and customer satisfaction programs
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
Basic Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering with a minimum of 15 years demonstrated experience in high technology, aerospace, or defense or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of Supply Chain Management tools and procedures
- Expert leadership and management skills, particulary “ influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Significant experience throughout the product lifecycle from New Product Introduction through obsolescence to include: generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, strategic supplier selection, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program and/or commodity progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and DoD, ITAR, EAR, FAR, DFAR regulations
- Superior customer interface skills
- Expert problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, program reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Must have a successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense supply chain activities
- Must have excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Professional certification highly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY #BM