Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- The Sr. Project Engineer evaluates, assembles, and designs packaging equipment to create and modify automated solutions for Design Group clients. This position will act as a project lead/SME on packaging and equipment activities in a variety of industries (pharmaceutical, consumer, beverage, food, industrial). In addition, this role will be responsible for identification and troubleshooting of potential or current packaging problems and support of maintenance mechanics to identify and resolve problems to maintain and potentially increase productivity.
- Will complete packaging line design and development to include estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design, implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and documentation facilities and equipment compliant with local, state, federal, and international regulations.
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM’s) and contractors to implement “cutting edge” automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change Control, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate existing packaging operations and suggest and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve productivity.
- Identify and specify required tooling and/or packaging equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- 5+ years of experience in packaging solutions, mechanical design, and project engineering.
- Experience in at least one of the following industries: Beverage, Food, Consumer Products, Pharmaceutical, Industrial.
- Must showcase a deep understanding of all types of packaging equipment (filling, secondary packaging, palletizing) in a range of industries and applications. Ideally including fully “integrated” lines.
- Demonstrate daily problem-solving capabilities including strategic and critical thinking.
- Must have strong interpersonal/communication skill: verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills including communication, financial management, and team leadership
- Cross-functional networking and influencing ability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong desire and aptitude to interact and build relationships with clients.
- Understanding of FDA regulations and requirements surrounding documentation required is a plus.
- Ability to close out projects successfully and building for the next opportunity
- Have a strong history of critical problem solving “wins”
- Experience in writing scope of work documentation and managing contractors on site
- Strong working knowledge of applicable ACAD, SOPs and cGMPs.
- Knowledge of packaging components & equipment types correlating to those components
- General understanding of automation control systems (PLC, HMI, VFD’s, etc)
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Computer Control Systems
Installations (Computer Systems)
Human Computer Interaction