This job is primarily responsible for the movement of stock from the warehouse to staging areas throughout the plant to support filling, packing, and shipping lines and to maintain organization of the warehouse. Additionally, the role will unload and load delivery trucks, maintain stock, and organize storage of product and raw materials. Also expected to work collaboratively with site leaders to plan and coordinate production on a daily basis.
Essential Job Functions:
* Keep lines running by delivering required materials to the staging areas.
* Keep warehouse organized by effective use of the ERP system, and effective organization techniques
* Receive shipments and store inventory as required and enter it into the ERP system. Check shipments for accuracy, stock items appropriately in the warehouse, maintain inventory and return any defective items.
* Identify and label materials, and record their locations in the warehouse/on the shelves to maintain inventory
* Operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and other equipment to move freight
* Perform and report cycle counts
* Follow written or oral instructions regarding daily tasks and job duties
* Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
* Sort cargo during loading or unloading process and mark containers with identifying information
* Document the numbers of units handled or moved each day using the ERP system
* Utilize protective devices-padding, straps, etc.-to prevent damage to items during transport
* Use assistive devices-slings, hooks, etc.-to lift and guide cargo
* Follow all rules set forth in Polytek's Employee Policy Manual
* And other duties as needed throughout the facility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Regularly required to hear, speak, read and write in English
* Frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
* Requires the ability to occasionally lift supplies, up to 50 pounds
* Talk, hear and vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Bending, squatting, walking, and standing for full shift
* Safely entering, exiting and operating both sit down and stand up forklifts on a regular/continuous basis.
Required Education and Experience:
* A minimum of a high school education or GED is required. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred but other applicants will be considered based on skills and experience.
* Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification required
* Knowledge of and commitment to observe safety procedures
* Ability to maintain cooperative and pleasant relationships with colleagues
* Experience and working knowledge of efficient warehouse organization and operation.
* Experience / working understanding of integrated ERP systems and the importance of accurate & timely information being entered into the system
* Valid driver's license - clean driving record
* Availability to work overtime hours preferred
* Honest, reliable and trustworthy
* Ability to effectively manage time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Health Administration
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Safety Principles