We are currently recruiting for an incredible opportunity to be on the ground floor of an exciting company expansion as a Carrier Procurement Manager. This is a dynamic role that will allow you to be an integral part of the development of the organization and ask in both a strategic and operational capacity!
As a Carrier Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for all regional carrier management functions from carrier selection and implementation to continuous improvement and performance management. You will build long-term carrier relationships, negotiating pricing agreements with carriers, manage carrier performance and lead regional RFP initiatives.
- Start, maintain and develop business relationships with all transportation providers; support the communication between carrier and the Operations Management team.
- Cultivate strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight, including Request for Proposal (RFP) initiatives for your respective regions.
- Daily solicitation of your respective carrier base. Conduct research in available databases for potential leads; make cold calls to prospects, on-boarding of new carrier partners.
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company's operating systems.
- Act as the liaison between carrier operations management and ALS associates, and partner with all functions of the business.
- Lead business reviews with carriers, including corrective action plans and overall performance monitoring (KPIs, safety, claims, etc.). Hold carriers accountable for volume commitments to awarded lanes.
- Drive results through historical data collection and market trend analytics, leading to actionable processes and metrics; identify new ways to reduce overall freight expense by reviewing transportation methods.
- Participate in the improvement and optimization process. Suggest and implement freight recovery and optimization actions.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field, or equivalent related work or military experience.
- 5 years’ experience within the trucking industry specifically in sales or operations.
- Solid understanding of transportation carrier contracts, all modes, transit times and networks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Teams and Excel)
- Experience with CRM systems
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Ability to manage a cross-functional effort (e.g., RFP response)
- Ability to work with the field sales team and customers
- Ability to work on multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Advanced Organizational Skills
- Business Process Improvement
- Claim Processing
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Analysis