Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Sr. Project Manager will play a vital role in the Design Group responsible for all facets of leading teams of professionals and managing project efforts.
We seek a passionate, high achieving professional who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. A leader, mentor, coach with infectious enthusiasm who lifts others to his/her level and exhibits uncompromising dedication to client welfare. A subject matter expert who can meet client needs and guide them in industry leading best practices for complex projects. Execute and lead all phases of design which includes experience with the entire life cycle of projects from concept development through design, implementation, installation, commissioning, and startup. Projects are in a variety of industries (food and beverage, consumer products, and pharmaceutical) and will include both existing process, packaging and building improvements through new construction.
- All aspects of client relationship development and project development and execution including development of project plans and strategies, leadership of project resources, management of project budgets and forecasting, schedule management, project engineering, integration, installation, start-up and project closure.
- Focus on overall project success and accomplishment of objectives related to scope, schedule, and budget, as well as critical elements of client satisfaction and client development.
- Desired is knowledge of process and packaging systems.
- Knowledge of feasibility studies, planning, concept development, scope, detailed design, and construction documentation is highly desired.
- Demonstrate daily problem-solving capabilities including strategic and critical thinking.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Minimum 10+ years of project engineering, design engineering, or Project Management experience with packaging, processing, and automation applications in the food, beverage, consumer products and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience with the entire life cycle of projects from concept development through design, implementation, installation, commissioning, and startup is a plus.
- Requires outstanding engineering and project skills including machinery applications, computer skills, and excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- A practical understanding of process design, automation, construction management, and electrical / control and instrumentation design integration preferred.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD).
- Successful Project Managers are flexible and adaptive and have strong initiative and accountability. Leadership skills and experience with a drive to grow and expand local and regional clients is also important.
- Candidates need to possess effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Complex Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking