To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scotia, NY 12302
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CNC PROGRAMMER 2ND SHIFT (2:00 PM - 10:30 PM)
Nesco Resource • Scotia, NY
Posted 1 day ago
Other Great Industries
An experienced CNC Programmer is open on 2nd shift due to company growth. We're looking for someone who's willing to train on days for a month or so and then move to 2nd shift. Our client is looking for someone with strong machining experience in custom runs and R&D, work versus someone who's focus has been CNC production environment.
Ideal candidate will need to have "know how” to program, setup, and operate a variety of machine tools to produce custom precision parts and instruments. Also this role may fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures
CNC Programmer Duties:
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations and program CNC equipment using Mastercam and EZ CAM software.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Utilize SolidWorks, and other software to design, review models, and create and upload programs into CNC equipment to fabricate parts.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Study sample parts, SolidWorks drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Design fixtures, tooling, or experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Design tools, fixtures, or other devices for production equipment.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional training or certifications highly preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with machining metal products highly desired
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role creating and uploading programming for CNC operations
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Software experience with Mastercam and EZCam highly preferred
- Microsoft suite, SAP familiarity preferred
Job ID: 17-50702
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.