Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific software systems. Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software. The work includes: creating and refining user stories and acceptance criteria; designing, developing, implementing, and supporting applications using Java technologies; coordinating and collaborating with others in analyzing requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations; building and confirming deliverables with the customer; developing and executing unit and component test plans, developing technical documentation in support of new development, upgrades, and enhancements; and interacting with the customer to gain an understanding of the business and technological requirements. The specific responsibilities are as outlined:
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify solutions.
- May act as a team leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates the team decision making process.
- Analyzes requirements, develops/refines user stories, and estimate user stories
- Develops code.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews.
- Develops and executes unit and component test plans.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Conducts system demonstrations with the customer.
- Participates as a senior member of an Agile software development team.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
Requires ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen. Work location in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Remote work not accepted.
- Cloud Services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery Pipelines (Jira, Jenkins, VS Code, BitBucket, JFrog, Ansible, Tower, Satellite, OpenShift)
- Automated Testing (Pester, Molecule, SonarQube, QA Complete )
- Database experience (SQL, noSQL, and/or Graph)
- Streaming Data Technologies (NiFi, Kinesis, Kafka, Storm, or similar)
- 4+ years experience writing code using languages such as Java, C, C++, C#
- 1+ years deploying applications to a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience with modern software design and development methodologies, Agile Scrum preferred
- Demonstrated experience with testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Experience with Data Engineering/Analytics and Geospatial data.
- Strong knowledge in Java, Advanced Java, Spring, and implementing microservices.
- Familiarity with Data Interchange Formats -e.g. JSON, XML.
- Must have strong knowledge in Object oriented development, version control, and release management.
- Understanding of Database Administration and interfaces.
- 2+ years experience with Database Development with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL), including table design and migrations.
- Experience building web APIs.
- Strong mathematical and analytical background and working with streaming big data.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with technical teams.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely accepted Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Kanban board, and planning poker
- Bachelor of Computer Science or IT related field
- Experience in agile software development with DOD and Airforce customers
- Experience with programming languages: Fortran, C, Matlab, Shell scripts, Perl, Python, HTML
- Commercial cloud certification (AWS, Azure)
- DevOps pipeline experience
Colorado Salary Minimum: $63,689.60
Colorado Salary Maximum:$136,177.60
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees. About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Applications Programmer / Analyst III Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Amazon Web Services
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Java (Programming Language)