Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Central Sterile Technician opening with Reston Surgery Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
Reston Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Central Sterile Technician
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Central Sterile Technician for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients through providing properly cleaned, sterilized and highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness and sterilization of instruments and equipment
- Demonstrate awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with manufacturer instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment
- Monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Maintain accurate records for PM’s for equipment and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Test operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and report problems to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Monitor all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use
- Perform required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips
Qualifications you will need:
- Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing
- One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
- Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Central Sterile Technician is aleading healthcare provider in Reston, Virginia. We have provided these services since 2004. Ourfacility has six large surgical suites, and specialty procedure rooms. We perform a broad range ofprocedures. Our center is AAAHC accredited. We offer services in gastroenterology, generalsurgery, gynecology, ophthalmology, oral, orthopedic, otolaryngology, plastics, podiatry andurology. We are a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Central Sterile Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
- Business Efficiency
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care