Summary: The Field Sales Representative drives DPI sales at customer sites within an assigned territory and route through placement of product, customer service and effective display of merchandise. The Field Sales Representative must project a positive image to DPI customers while adhering to DPI policies and procedures. Must be able to work both independently and in a team with coworkers, store employees and vendors.
- Engage in product sales and additional promotional sales through service visits at customer sites.
- Merchandise product for display and placement in a way that attracts sales at customer stores and secondary and perimeter locations.
- Move product from storage areas and place product onto customer shelves or displays.
- Maintain quality and quantity of products on shelves by rotating products, checking code dates to ensure freshness and replenish product with back stock.
- Conduct Inventory counts and reconcile orders for customer accounts by verifying accuracy of delivery records with product delivered.
- Create and transmit customer credits for spoiled and/or returned goods.
- Create and transmit orders for product replenishment and other corresponding paperwork in a timely manner, meeting DPI order deadlines.
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times when communicating with store management, personnel and the public, adhering to customer policies and procedures in compliance with DPI’s standards.
- Reset displays of merchandise at customer locations to enhance display of product
- Maintain fixture cleanliness to enhance sales.
- Attend scheduled trainings and meetings as required to meet customer and DPI standards.
- Maintain clean work environment, which may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must be proficient in written and spoken English and possess basic math skills. The employee must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point) is required. The employee must have a valid driver’s license, maintain a driving record that meets DPI’s standards and insurance eligibility requirements for excess liability. The employee must have reliable transportation
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). The employee is also exposed to temperature variation during travel throughout assigned geographical territory. The floors are concrete in the staging area; vinyl floor covering is typical when working the aisles at a customer site.
Work Hours: The work schedule is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force to move objects and product. This position requires driving to and from DPI customers stores, sometimes long distances apart. This job also requires frequent standing and walking. The employee must know and follow proper safety protocols, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements. The employee must also understand, retain, and apply product knowledge to drive DPI sales.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None