Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The successful candidate for the Mid-Level Electrical Engineering position will work under the supervision of the lead Electrical Engineer, and will perform electrical design for a variety of projects.
- Performing electrical power design for a variety of projects
- Preparing, reviewing, or modifying one-line diagrams, elevation diagrams, electrical floor plans, lighting designs, MCC and panel board schedules, and detail sheets
- Incorporating design changes using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Coordinating electrical equipment lists with mechanical, civil, and applicable disciplines
- Preparing project-specific technical specifications using CSI and SpecsIntact standard
- Performing service load calculations and power systems analysis
- Meeting project schedules and performing work within budgetary constraints
- Assisting in the preparation of status reports, basis-of-design descriptions, project manuals, responses to client comments, technical memoranda, and other project-related documentation
- Reviewing submittals and providing responses to Requests for Information
- Field investigation and facility startup support services as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 4 – 10 years of experience in electrical engineering and consulting
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Professional Engineering license in Alabama, or FE/EIT with the ability to obtain licensure within 1 year
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Good understanding of NEC and other regulations associated with electrical safety and construction
- Design of fire alarm, security, and other low-voltage systems is a plus
- Design of lighting including calculations using Visual Lighting software and lighting control systems
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD
- Proficient with the use of Revit
- Power system modeling using software (e.g., SKM Power*Tools or ETAP)
- Comfortable working with suppliers, vendors, construction contractors, and facility owners
- Design of substations and medium voltage distribution systems is a plus
- Experience with the design of several types of facilities (e.g., military facilities, medical, water/wastewater treatment plants and pump stations)
- A valid driver’s license, and ability to travel to client offices and project sites, good driving record
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Fire Alarm Systems