To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Collins, CO 80521
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Woodward • Fort Collins, CO
Posted 1 month ago
This position reports to a leader within the Finance organization. The key purpose of this position is to provide financial accounting support in accordance with applicable regulatory and statutory requirements, Woodward policies and procedures, and standards of internal control. This position requires minimal supervision and is expected to perform most functions independently. This position will involve a significant amount of direct interaction with internal and external customers.
- Understands and applies accounting principles to complex transactions as needed to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Owns the month-end General Ledger close process for a plant or combination of plants, including establishment and achievement of close timelines, creation and posting of journal entries, and identifying requirements necessary for US GAAP and local statutory reporting.
- Provides period-end financial analysis for plant and/or segment results.
- Continuously assesses information requirements, then develops and executes necessary steps to implement.
- Maintains schedules, templates, subsidiary ledgers, worksheets or other documents on an ongoing basis in order to ensure timeliness, consistency and accuracy of reported items.
- May support electronic cash transfer and payroll processes.
- Performs reconciliation of general ledger account balances to supporting detail data on a monthly or quarterly basis in order to ensure the accuracy, validity and completeness of reported account balances. Applies appropriate disposition to reconciling items.
- Ability to identify process inefficiencies and other opportunities for improvements. Participates and leads in process improvement projects as needed to help achieve lean process objectives.
- Leads or plays a key role in special projects.
- Represents finance in meetings with other functional areas with little need to consult with supervisor or obtain approval to act.
- Provides consultation regarding accounting theory and internal controls to Finance's customers.
- Applies business acumen to supplement accounting knowledge in order to provide value to Finance's customers.
- Prepares financial presentation material for Extended Leadership Team meetings, and presents the material on an as-needed basis.
- Oversees sales tax, use tax, VAT or other statutorily required tax calculations and reporting.
- Provides guidance to less-senior Accountants with regard to accounting theory, Woodward's systems and processes, internal controls and risk identification.
- Reviews contracts and provides documentation of issues in accordance with Finance Policy.
- Requires limited guidance from Controller.
- Primary contact for internal and external audit requests.
- Performs ongoing maintenance of documentation that supports Woodward's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance framework.
- Power user for multiple core ERP and other peripheral business system modules.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- General office environment.
- Occasional manufacturing floor environment.
- Domestic/international travel may be required.
- Intermediate computer skills for Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Advanced experience and skills for Excel, core ERP System, Fixed Assets modules, and the General Ledger.
- Ability to successfully apply accounting theory to complex transactions and situations to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and excels in communicating with individuals and groups.
- International Locations: Excellent English communication skills, both in written and verbal forms.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as across domestic and international functions and organizations.
- Ability to successfully lead intermediate-scope cross-functional projects.
- Applies sound logic to problem solving.
- Able to drive resolution of problems either independently or by directing and coaching others.
- Ability to prioritize assigned responsibilities.
- Able to successfully employ lean principles to processes.
Education or Formal Training:
- Domestic - Bachelors degree in Accounting required. Masters degree desired.
- International - Bachelors, Professional or University degree required. Post graduate or Masters degree desired. Professional certification e.g. - CPA, CMA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant, or equivalent desired.
- Minimum 6 years related experience
- Experience working at a global company preferred
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer