Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function design, engineer, and manage the organization's infrastructure and operational platforms. From a cloud services model, this includes services commonly thought of as IaaS and PaaS and their underlying foundational components. Additionally, this function also has responsibility for traditional enterprise infrastructure and operational platforms such as email, file transfer, and collaboration technologies, among others. This role must understand functional and non-functional requirements to ensure they can be achieved through system design and engineering to meet the needs of the customers. Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to develop roadmaps for their respective technology portfolios, resolve cross-system and domain dependencies, ensure effective integration among the services offered to the end customer, and efficient usage of infrastructure and operational platforms. Monitor technological advancements and industry trends to influence company standards and ensure that solutions are continuously improved and maintained through product management practices, including recommendations to invest in a solution or retirement of redundant or out-of-date systems. Understand the interactions between systems, the applications and services hosted, and evaluate the impact of changes and additions. Perform analysis on existing systems to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, meet security requirements, and interoperable and maintainable technology portfolio.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Evaluates system specifications, input / output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Analyze all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability
- Work with teammates, clients and other teams to identify and address systems problems
- Evaluate new developments and recommend infrastructure modifications
- Provide in depth consultation to application teams on a variety of different applications
- Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- Develops and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with IBMi
- 5+ years of experience with BRMS including BRMS Network and Enterprise
- Experience working with Independent ASPs (iASPs)
- Experience with Flash Copy and Flash Copy Backups
- Experience with CL and/or RPG Programming
- Experience with replication technologies (PowerHA, MIMIX)
- Experience with Data Domain (Support, Configuration, etc.)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IO Engineer, IBMi, BRMS, ASP, iASP, Flash Copy, Flash Copy Backups, CL, RPG, PowerHA, MIMIX, Data Domain, Support, configuration, BRMS Network, BRMS Enterprise, healthcare, Optum, UHG, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH