Job Description Summary:
This position will be responsible for the installation and service of company products, which includes providing service and troubleshooting support on machinery in the field; perform routine and/or emergency breakdown mechanical/lite electrical/instrumentation service; assist with new machine installations; provide training of customer operation and maintenance personnel; the safe operation of the products and establishing zero-energy state during maintenance is to be emphasized. Also must to be able to complete shop duties as they are assigned which include but not limited to painting, equipment rebuilds, mobile equipment inspections, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support in troubleshooting problems with customer equipment while onsite or via phone/e-mail
- Assist with onsite new machine installations; perform routine and/or emergency mechanical/electrical/instrumentation service
- Assist with training customer operation and maintenance personnel with emphasis on safe operation and establishing a zero-energy state during maintenance
- Provide follow-up documentation, such as installation and service records and trip reports/expenses, in a timely manner
- Assist with detecting defective/faulty materials or equipment; report unusual conditions to supervisor immediately
- Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe fashion
- Experience and/or knowledge of Industrial machine maintenance
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment
- Experience reading equipment schematics and/or diagrams
- Extensive domestic travel is required (a minimum of 50% of the time is on the road; home weekends). Occasional international travel as necessary.
- Post-secondary education in related field or 5+ years’ experience is preferred (e.g. Mechanical, Millwright, Automotive, Maintenance)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a plus
- Must have clean driving record and be able to pass a DOT physical; our vehicles do not require a CDL
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office (Outlook email, Excel, Word)
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and detail-orientated. The individual’s personal style will need to be suited to a culture which is team based, entrepreneurial, fast-pace, and value-driven with high corporate standards. The individual will need to be very comfortable working in a lean, matrixed, highly customer-focused organization with strong ethical standards.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors all year long
- Requires substantial lifting, climbing, twisting, kneeling, etc.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Fluid Quip Mechanical
Fluid Quip Mechanical (FQM) fully supports ethanol plants mechanical needs ranging from field service to assisting in preventative maintenance planning. FQM’s operations include field service, shop rebuild, inventory/logistics, and plant reliability teams. FQM teams support new Fluid-Quip equipment commissioning, field equipment upgrades, in-house and field equipment rebuilds and parts supply across the Midwest. The FQM base of operations is in Columbus, WI with the inventory warehouse and shop for repairs and rebuilds. FQM also has multiple fleet vehicles and teams to service customer equipment in the field.
As part of the investment by Green Plains Inc., all benefits are administered by Green Plains Inc.: a generous benefit package including competitive pay, business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check administered by Green Plains, Inc. prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
- Attention To Detail
- Automotive Industry
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)