Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Great entry level position in healthcare! In this position you will interact with patients and their family members, healthcare providers, insurance companies. Front office role including check in, check out; scheduling/rescheduling and/or cancelling appointments and verifying insurance eligibility according to standard work. Learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to improve the lives of patients. Enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi-national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate effective customer service and communication skills.
- Greets patients as they arrive
- Coordinates patient flow
- Assists patient with intake or admitting processes including copying required documents
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Collects, records and balances payments
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Manages medical records (maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate OR GED equivalent
- 2+ years of experience working in a medical office setting
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with insurance verifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Experience with referrals
- Knowledge of Medi - Cal / Medicaid benefits and eligibility
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Coordinator, Patient Care, OCMG, medical office, front office coordinator, data entry, insurance verifications, EMR, ICD-10, CPT, referrals, authorizations, Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA, California