Buyer/Purchaser will support the U. S. Army Redstone Test Center Wide Engineering and Support Services Contract on Redstone Arsenal, AL with work experience involving typical procurement activities, including cradle to grave materials and services purchasing, issuing RFQ/RFP, evaluating responses, negotiating contract terms and pricing, and ensure compliance with company policies, government regulations and Public Law in order to maintain file documentation in accordance with DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 or more years of experience managing purchase orders of test instrumentation, development and manufacturing with mechanical and electronic parts in support of a Government contract.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Procurement, Business Administration, Accounting or other related field. A minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Must have previous experience, working knowledge, and understanding of government regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Previous experience and track record of success creating cost and price analysis justifications is required.
- Previous experience MUST include a strong working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Windows Operating Systems (OS) for personal computers and MS Office products.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities.
- Strong organizational and workflow skills is required.
- Previous experience with Deltek CostPoint Procurement module is preferred.
- Proof of US Citizenship and valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Current Secret clearance is a plus.
Successful candidate will receive approved purchase requests; conduct market research; issue requests for quotes/proposals; evaluate and prepare comparative analyses of quotes/offers for best value, delivery, and other evaluation criteria; make source selections; negotiate pricing, terms and conditions; issue, administer, modify, expedite and close out purchase orders; research and maintain available supplier lists; and setup and maintain file documentation to established contract and company procurement standards, as well as, DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) requirements.
Duties will involve working with routine to complex purchase order terms and conditions, clauses and other contractual requirements to assist management with dealing with contractual rights and obligations as related to vendor activity; and complying with corporate policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to include oversight of vendor compliance, as applicable. Qualified applicant will have good communication (oral and written) skills and the ability to establish and maintain a close relationship with internal and external customers, as well as, other administrative departments; and work independently and take a proactive role to assure that items are completed on or ahead of schedule. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with military, government, and contractor personnel.
Target Customer Needs