You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Staff Accountant – Competitive Salary – Gretna, NE (68028)
Are you looking to take your accounting skills to the next level and be part of a dynamic team? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant with knowledge of the construction industry to join our team and help us navigate the ever-changing terrain of accounting. You must be able to multitask with ease, have a confident and cool demeanour, and be open to coaching and feedback. Communication and customer service skills are a must, and accuracy is key.
The key responsibilities of a Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Perform general bookkeeping and organize financial forms, documents and receipts.
- Reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Maintain Debt schedule and post all loan and lease payment.
- Process Payroll tax deposits as required.
- Prepare monthly Sales Tax report for multiple entities.
- Ensure all financial transactions within the company are accounted for and follow legal standards.
- Back up for processing of payroll.
- Back up for monthly billing.
- Assist with general bookkeeping for multiple companies.
In 2002 Owner Ryan Petersen started Marsh Creek Concrete with a 5-man crew. His vision was not to be the biggest concrete contractor in Omaha, but to be the BEST. Focusing on Quality, Safety, and Customer Service, MCCI has grown exponentially while earning an excellent reputation as one of Omaha's most respected concrete contractors in the Omaha metro area.
The key skills and qualities of a Staff Accountant are:
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyse underlying principles, reasons or facts surrounding financial reports.
- 3 plus years related experience.
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Personal integrity when working with personal and sensitive financial information.
- Effective communicator. Ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers and internal customers clearly and accurately, as well as accurate, efficient and corrective feedback.
- “Do what it takes” attitude. Ability to put in the time required to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of team.
- Strong computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- General knowledge of financial statements and accounting processes.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: SA22
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.