Web Server Administrator – Parkersburg, WV or Kansas City, MO
Potentially can be done Remotely
Responsible for the management of WebSphere Application Server (WAS), IBM HTTP Server (IHS), Message Queuing (MQ), IBI WebFocus, DB2 database, Oracle database, Apache/Tomcat, IBM Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, Data Transport/Managed File Transfer, and IBM Connect: Direct middleware applications.
- Architecting high performance, high volume business critical systems using industry standard
technologies and design patterns
- Supporting the platform hosting of applications using Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and
object-oriented (OO) programming languages, including Java providing support for deployment of products into Test, Pre-production and Production environments
- Deploying applications using web technologies including, but not limited to, WebSphere and IBI
- Mainframe support, including IBM DB2, Message Queuing Service (IBM MQ Series), and Job
Control Language (JCL)
- Designing, developing and optimizing Relational database management systems (RDBMS),
including systems such as IBM DB2 (z/OS and LUW)
- Making recommendations for standardizing business processes
- Providing operational and technical support (including supporting platform hosting and testing systems functionality), for critical information systems used in Fiscal Service operations assisting with troubleshooting and problem resolution including:
- Interacting with IBM Support
- Provide operational support for installed environments (24x7)
- Provide assistance with performance tuning
- Provide support for requirements gathering and preparing business cases for selected solutions
- Provide support for product installation, configuration, and implementation including support for the development of testing scenarios based on requirements
- Experience and familiarity with AIX, Linux and Windows operating system platforms
- Development of a capacity monitoring and planning process and assisting in license true-up
- Processes and any additional duties as determined and required by ISS management as they related to middleware support services.
- Five years of experience being an IBM WAS/IHS administrator (90% IHS IBM Based)
- Experience with the following:
- Administering high performance, high volume, and business critical systems
- J2EE Container creation, modification, and troubleshooting
- Multi-tier architecture
- Single sign on configurations using Trust Association Interceptors, Siteminder, or equivalent Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Architecture Integration in a large enterprise
- SOA Integration
- Spring Framework deployments as they pertain to WAS/IHS
- J2EE application configuration and troubleshooting
- HTML configuration and troubleshooting
- Working with multiple operating systems (such as Windows, IBM AIX, and Linux)
- Configuring connectivity to external sources (RDBMS, including but not limited to,Oracle, DB2, and MS-SQL)
- Hands-on experience in government and financial sectors
- The ability to make recommendations to peers and executives on subjects relating to software, middleware, back-end platforms, libraries, and tooling.
- Must pass a Federal background check and DOT security/background check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.
- Ibm Was
- Information Security
- Ibm Web Sphere Mq
- Ibm Websphere Application Server