To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Pool Manager Seasonal
City of Atlanta • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION
Pay Rate: $15.00 Hourly
General Description and Classification Standards
Manages a staff of lifeguards and/or aquatics assistants in operating and maintaining an outdoor municipal swimming pool.
Works under direct supervision and follows standardized procedures along with verbal and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages a staff of lifeguards and/or aquatics assistants in operating and maintaining an outdoor municipal swimming pool.
- Develops staff work schedules to maintain proper coverage during outdoor pool operations.
- Collaborate with Aquatics Director to develop youth and senior Learn to Swim and Recreational Swim schedule to accommodate all Camp Best Friends Sites as well as the general public.
- Provides lifeguard services e.g. Rescuing swimmers in distress, administering first aid/CPR.
- Maintains pool safety.
- Maintains sanitation of pool facilities by testing pool water using a chemical test kit and maintains proper levels of chlorine and other necessary pool chemicals.
- Instructs swimming and life guard classes.
- Coaches swim and water polo teams.
- Officiates at contests and exhibitions.
- Enforces all City codes, laws, and regulations to ensure health and safety of all patrons.
Follows standardized procedures along with verbal and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Oversees seasonal lifeguards and aquatics assistants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
- Knowledge of all rules, regulations and laws governing outdoor pool operations.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry related to pool maintenance.
- Knowledge of water sports e.g. water polo, etc.
- Strong swimming skills, strength and stamina to perform tasks of lifeguard.
- Skills necessary to attain Lifeguard certification.
- Skills necessary to attain CPR/First Aid certification.
- Skills necessary to attain Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Ability to provide group leader support over other lifeguards.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments and work activities.
- Ability to compile, prepare and maintain assortment of reports and records.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- 2-3 years of lifeguard experience or Pool Supervisor experience.
- Authorization of a background checks for criminal and child protective findings.
- Must pass a drug screening.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with 2-3 years of outdoor lifeguard experience or Pool Supervisor experience.
Licensures and Certification
The following certifications are required: First Aid/CPR certification; Lifeguard certification; Water Safety Instructor certification; Valid Georgia Driver's License.
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
- City of Atlanta required training May 28 – May 31, 2019.
- Summer staff will be required to work an 8-hour shift Monday – Friday from June 3rd – August 2nd, 2019. Vacation requests during this time will not be approved.
Primary Location: true
Working Location: false
Forecasted paid hours per shift: https://atlantaga.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=190994&lang=en
Forecasted paid hours per week: true!$!ftlerrors
Employee Status: descRequisition.size