As a part of our growth LKQ is looking for a dedicated and passionate Delivery Driver with knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry. The Delivery Driver must have six months driving and warehouse experience with an excellent driving record. The Delivery Driver will be responsible for operating a Company vehicle to deliver product to customers. The Delivery Driver will also be required to manually load and unload the delivery truck, verify that all parts are loaded and unloaded, collect payments from customers, obtain signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts received, and deliver returned items back to the branch. If you like driving, growth, and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner.
- Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination, confirms order with customer, unloads and verifies product, obtains confirmation signature and payment from customer.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Drivers over 10,001 lbs
- Subject to DOT Procedures - driver logs, unexpired medical card, etc.
- Education and Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. Minimum of six months driving and warehouse operations experience. Possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Driving history must meet and maintain qualification for Corporate safety program. Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when/as required. Minimum 21 years of age. In addition to the above, drivers over 10,001 lbs must maintain a DOT medical card.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry desired. Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company's warehouse and delivery methods, techniques and procedures. Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate with customers/peers/supervisors and proficiently use smartphone and/or tablet. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
- Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs. Requires sitting for relatively long periods of time, while driving. It also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement and lifting of up to 75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday but on occasion may include weekends.
Drive Commercial Vehicle
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 3719
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ: LKQ), an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, is a leading global value-added distributor of vehicle repair parts and accessories. The Company is the leading North American provider of recycled automotive and aftermarket collision parts as well as specialty accessories for automobiles, trucks, recreational and performance vehicles.
LKQ Europe, with operations located in 15 countries, collectively is the largest distributor of automotive aftermarket mechanical repair parts and related products in Europe, holding leading market positions in the United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Globally, the Company has more than 1,100 operating locations and 40,000 employees.
LKQ has an entrepreneurial, growth orientated culture and since 2005 consolidated revenue has grown at a compound annual rate of 28%. Come join the family and be LKQ Proud!
View the full profile
- Competitive Pay 401k Plan with generous employer match
- Insurance Plans for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability)
- Paid Holiday leave days and a Paid Time Off Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career