To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Peachtree Corners, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Accounting Manager
Staff Financial Group • Peachtree Corners, GA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technical Accounting Manager - Peachtree Corners, North Atlanta
Who: Strong Stable Corporation
What: Technical Accounting Manager
When: Immediate Need
Where: Peachtree Corners
Why: Newly created position
Salary: Mid Six figures
The Technical Accounting Manager will help to ensure the Company's books and records are in compliance with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and U.S. GAAP reporting requirements. Provides technical accounting guidance to the Company's senior financial management and business operations on complex business transactions.
- Assist Business Operations and Corporate Financial Reporting in addressing complex technical accounting issues. Prepares written communication of the Company's position on certain complex accounting issues for the Company's files and the internal and external auditors.
- Implement new accounting standards and participate in the establishment and documentation of internal accounting policies and procedures including:
- Review of contracts for revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Review of leases and assist with the implementation of ASC 842
- Act as liaison to other finance groups on accounting matters.
- Corporate Global Strategy and Development regarding acquisitions/divestitures.
- Corporate Internal and External Audit regarding audit findings.
- Corporate Tax on accounting for income taxes.
- Assist Corporate Financial Reporting with monthly/quarterly/annual internal and external financial reporting requirements (including the accounting treatment for unusual transactions, selected footnote data, etc.). Prepares various supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Informs management about the activities of accounting's rulemaking bodies including the FASB and SEC.
- Address other ad hoc requests and participate in special projects, as necessary.
- Recruit, screen, interview, hire, train and mentor staff. Determine staffing needs for unit/department.
- Upholds the Code of Conduct
- 4+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience or a combination of public accounting and relative private corporate accounting experience.
- Experience in researching technical US GAAP guidance and documenting and communicating conclusions with senior management and/or auditors.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus. Experience with People Soft a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and prioritization skills; attention to details.
- Proficiency in Excel,
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and
- Must have the ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance multiple projects.
Click here to apply online