To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, IL
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DoubleTree by Hilton • Springfield, IL
Posted 1 month ago
The President Abraham Lincoln Springfield, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is set in the heart of historic downtown. Our Springfield, IL hotel is the closest hotel to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library.
This is a Full-Time position, starting as early as 4:30 a.m. or as late as 11:30 p.m. (8 hours shifts). Weekends and holidays required. *Hours vary based on Banquet event needs*
Starting pay is $10.25 per hour, with Paid Time Off (PTO), Full Health & Welfare benefit plans, and Team Member and Family Travel Program benefits!
APPLY RIGHT NOW! (It only takes a couple of minutes, use your phone).
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing cold food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare cold food items including, but not limited to, salads, fruits, dressings, fish items and appetizers, according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and food products
- Stock and maintain designated food stations(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!