Lead improvement of claims processing and operations activities within the Property line of business. This includes development and execution of improvement strategies and activities in claims handling through strong collaboration with claims leadership and leveraging best practices. The position requires both strategic and tactical capabilities to drive continuous improvement and enhanced business results in Property claims.
- Develop and execute improvement strategies in claim handling best practices, loss costs and customer service
- Has in depth knowledge and experience within 1st party property claims operations.
- In partnership with claims senior leadership, develop and continually refine the end to end claim handling model, process and workflows for effectiveness and efficiency
- In partnership with Claims and IT business leads, identify and deliver improvements in automation and data management
- Ensure consistency in process, use of claim systems/applications, delivery of service and customer experience
- Evaluate and implement improved standard operating procedures
- Serve as the lead in developing an annual capacity plan and budget, provide monthly/quarterly forecast and trends, identifies and implements corrective action plans
- Serve as the project lead on key improvement efforts
- Prepare timely and informative management reports, business cases and cost benefit reviews
- Serve as the lead in working with claims reporting and analytics to design and develop reporting dashboards and tools in support of business goals and objectives
- Develop and oversee compliance with operational guidelines in support of internal audit, state compliance and regulatory requirements
- 5+ years claims operations and property experience or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to prepare presentation documents and present to senior leadership
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Products
- Proven ability to manage organizational change, to involve and influence others to accept new ideas or innovative approaches, to lead in a team based organization
- Analytic and technical ability to develop reports, metrics and improvement plans
- Ability to interact collaboratively and work effectively with a multi-functional team and throughout the organization; fosters an environment of shared responsibility and accountability
- BA or related advanced degree preferred
- CPCU, ARM or equivalent insurance designations a plus
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.