To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Beaumont, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor - Fire Services
Total Safety • Beaumont, TX
Posted 25 days ago
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans daily/weekly schedules and operating priorities for assigned team minimizing down time. Monitors labor reports.
- Ensures that production, quality and safety goals are communicated and that employees understand their roles in meeting or exceeding those goals.
- Ensures that all resources are being utilized effectively to achieve objectives. Provides effective counsel, especially where corrective actions are needed.
- Ensures compliance with QA/QC, safety, environmental, cost of operations goals and other performance and P&L metrics.
- Monitors overtime and other spending areas to ensure compliance to budget.
- Ensures that resources are being utilized to achieve objectives. Teaches cost control and provides effective counsel, especially where corrective actions are needed.
- Provides leadership in achieving health and safety goals. Proactively identifies safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal, State, Company and client standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner. Works with HSE to recommend long-range accident reduction and cost containment objectives.
- Maintains adequate and accurate inventory and daily status report to sustain state of readiness of tools and equipment. Assists in conducting periodic audits of repair parts, rental and equipment inventories. Submits purchase requests for equipment and supplies to support service and repair operation.
- Manages assigned inventory and equipment to sustain a state of readiness in order to satisfy customer needs and demands. Submits purchase requests for equipment and supplies to support service and repair operation.
- Works with Sales, Customer Service and other internal departments to communicate and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner. Reports status of operational issues to managers ongoing basis.
- Ensures that all documentation and data entry associated with Fire operations is completed in a timely and accurate manner. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets. Completes required reports and communication in a timely manner.
- Partners with human resources for hiring and firing, performance evaluation, salary and job change actions. Coaches and counsels team and documents employee relations issues.
- Ensures that all personnel receive safety and procedure training. Coaches team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Manages a preventive maintenance program and ensures that vehicles, equipment, and other accessories are properly maintained and in top working condition.
- Plans and implements short and long-term departmental goals and objectives in areas including staffing, equipment needs, problem prevention, corrective action program and continuous improvement of fire services standard operating procedures.
- Assists with special projects as assigned. May occasionally be called upon to fill in or help handle excess workload demands. Oversees contractors as required.
Education: High School diploma or GED. Associates degree in science or technical area strongly preferred.
Experience: At least fifteen (15) years of field experience in fire protection, petrochemical, oil refinery or related industry and at least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Must be willing travel to customers site and available for travel for short projects. Must obtain TWIC Card and other safety related badges/certifications as needed.
Must have thorough knowledge of Total Safety products and services in assigned area. Have Texas State Fire Marshal licenses for Fire Extinguishers (FEL-A), Fire Alarm Systems (FAL), & Fire Sprinklers (RME-I). Obtain NICET level II certification in the appropriate area(s) within 180 days.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company. Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, an unwavering commitment to safety and health and other company policies and procedures. Must possess high ethical standards demonstrated by their approach to business. Must demonstrates leadership and the ability to coordinate resources to achieve maximum profitability, efficiency and utilization. Must understand and effectively manage key financial issues that impact service and operations functions and the business. Experience with budget preparation and cost control. Must be able to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports. Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested). Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Interpersonal Communications: Effective communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively interact with and develop and maintain strong rapport and credibility with senior management in company and client organizations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to speak Spanish, or other second language considered a plus.
Demonstrates objective listening on a consistent basis and creates and maintains an environment that encourages open communication. Promotes respect within and outside the work group, teaches and encourages collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships. Maintains appropriate confidences. Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner. Constant contact with customers, operations, sales and other internal TS staff to furnish and obtain information and resolve issues. Must be responsive and at times persuasive with internal and external contacts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Combination of office, shop, indoor and outdoor industrial environments. May be frequently exposed to cold, hot, wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Works in customer environment. May be exposed to high pressure, chemicals, and traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Interprets and carries out the programs or objectives developed at senior management or business unit level. These decisions specify what is to be done in lower levels, and how the resources allocated by upper management are deployed. If circumstances change, or if there is uncertainty about how resources are to be deployed, is required to establish what is to be done in similar circumstances in the future. Most of work is not subject to detailed review, so errors may be critical and have long-term impact. Accountable for all personnel, processes and quality in assigned area. Keeps manager informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications.
Receives direction and guidance from site manager to set annual objectives and assists with developing long-term goals for department. Interprets policy issues, recommends new concepts & resolves unusual problems. Is expected to analyze situations and data to recommend best course of action and to make positive and active contributions to assist the organization in achieving its key financial and growth goals. Has impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, and scheduling & procedural change.
Prepares long and short-term forecasts for budget, staff, scheduling and future priorities. Develops monthly and annual budgets, including Labor Spending Budget for review and approval by higher levels. Approves spending per policy and signature authorization levels. Monitors and manages all budget elements to ensure cost effective operation and works with supervisors to quickly correct negative deviations. Prepares specifications for equipment and supplies to ensure capability exists to meet organizational objectives. Manages capital and facility improvement plans.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).