To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lima, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Total Safety • Lima, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Audits compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Reports unsafe conditions/acts/behaviors to appropriate management personnel.
- Monitors contractor work activities and reports deficiencies.
- Conducts / participates in safety meetings as scheduled by management.
- Maintains trend tracking documentation as required by client management.
- Monitors housekeeping throughout the work area.
- Assists with incident investigations as required by client.
- Assists with implementation of new/ revised procedures provided by client.
- Maintains open lines of communication with all personnel regarding safety issues and performance.
Experience: All Permit Writers will have a minimum of 8 years direct related safety experience in the petrochemical/refining industry, or a minimum 10 years experience in operations with 5 years direct related safety experience. Additionally, all Permit Writers will have previous experience writing permits in the petrochemical/refining industry.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Permit Writers require pre-job training from client on specific permits/policies/procedures utilized at the client facility.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
All Permit Writers will have one of the following credentials: OSHA 500, COSS, CHST, CSST, OSHT or equivalent. Additionally, all Permit Writers must successfully complete the Total Safety Permit to Work program, which includes:
- Excavation Safety
- Confined Space Entry Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Process Safety Management
- Recordkeeping & Reporting
- CSB Dangers of Hot Work
Total Safety Permit to Work Course:
- Hot Work, Confined Space (non-permit required and permit required) and Specialized Work Permits
- Hazard Identification and PPE
- Gas Detection Requirements
- Permit Times & Expirations
- Emergency response and Permit Cancelations
- IDLH Work
- Stop The Work
NOTE: Permit Writers require pre-job training from client on specific permits/policies/procedures utilized at the client facility.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at ( phone number removed> . (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired TTY, please contact 711).