To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
321 Saint Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Business Partner
MIC Global Services • New Orleans, LA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary objective for this position is to provide support to the Company’s field operations by implementing established human resources programs and policies including staffing, compensation, union matters, benefits, and training, with a strong emphasis on employee relations. This position resides in the Shared Services entity of MIC supporting its multiple portfolio companies.Responsibilities
• Works directly with Terminal Managers, and HR onsite coordinators to assist them in their responsibilities on human resources matters.
• Handles all union matters, consisting of: negotiations, grievances, and mediation.
• Interaction with vendors, and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
• Communication of work progress and significant issues with the Employee Engagement Director and/or Chief Human Resources Officer.
• Assists managers and employees with interpreting and complying with policies and applicable employment law and government regulations.
• Assists in education and enforcement of personnel policies and procedures.
• Assist in implementation process of any new HR systems, including training.
• Administers annual compensation program, monitors performance evaluation program.
• Participates in annual renewals, benefit administration at annual open enrollment and throughout plan year.
• Handles and responds to employee relations counseling and resolution in conjunction and with support and approval of the Corporate Human Resources Team (i.e. employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints).
• Performs training to respective locations in the areas of sexual harassment, diversity awareness, HRIS training and any other human resources programs.
• Administration of Drug program (Random, Reasonable Suspicion, and Post accident).
• Monitors workers’ compensation claims in conjunction with the Risk Department in order to coordinate flow of information to HRIS and the Benefits department regarding leave of absences.
• Assists in the administration and oversight of leaves of absences.
• Participates with the recruitment process, assisting Managers with selection of applicants and new hires, while ensuring compliance and record keeping.
• Data analysis and reporting as it relates to trends, measurements and stats of employee data.
• Administration of the Pension and 401k Programs including regulatory compliance and filings.
• Oversees Payroll Administration and works closely with the Payroll Manager
• Other special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Human Resources or other related area or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years of Human Resources Management experience.
- Minimum 10 years of union experience in negotiations, grievances, and mediation.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and principles of Human Resources and Benefits.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral with all levels of employees.
- Reliable and efficient.
- Possess high level of maturity and treatment of confidential matters.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HR database systems, and Payroll systems.
- Must be open to occasional overtime as needed or required.
- Some travel may be required, sometimes with little notice.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment.