Accounting specialist that requires minimal supervision. Works to assure accuracy of accounting data, actively searchs out inaccuracies or mistakes in accounting data.
Listens actively in meetings and other discussions with employees for potential accounting issues. Leads process improvement in the accounting area or other areas that impact accounting. Becomes SME for all fixed costs. Develop SAP knowledge in all areas.
- Forecasting - lead all forecasting
- Budgeting - lead budgeting for fixed costs
- Reporting - Assure all reports are performed on the Closing schedule that are assigned.
- Accounts Payable - Lead review open PO's, invoices received with no matching PO, goods receipt without invoice. Work with appropriate people to resolve.
Review and code invoices received by mill, transition invoices to corporate AP, work to improve process. Coordinate with Cost accountant on variable cost items.
- Accounts Payable - Responsible for resolving old invoices and getting payment made, via working with corporate AP.
- Banking - Enter checks received at mill into banking system.
- Capital Projects - Manages costs in SAP.
- Taxes - record and complete tax reports; sales and use, property, and others. This does not include federal income tax reports, will be asked to participate.
- Back up Cost accountant on material receipts and other daily items.
- Perform month end closing task designated on month end closing list. Review month end closing items prior to month end to start review process and improve
before month end. Review task to see if we can complete before month end.
- Lead process improvement in the fixed cost accounts; improvements to have better, more complete, and correctly classified information in each account.
- Continue to improve reporting for fixed costs in association with the forecasting process. Focus on the large spend areas; i.e. Maintenance, Operating Supplies, etc.
- Participate in education and teaching employees on utilizing SAP correctly and performing data entry task correctly.
- Other tasks and participation, on an as needed or recognized basis.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.