CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
North Highland believes in unleashing potential together. It means we challenge thinking and build our clients’ capabilities so they are stronger for the long-term. It means we create and nurture an environment for our colleagues where sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged – it’s expected. And it means we give our skills, time, and passion to uplift our communities. We act, create, and build – not just talk.
Does that sound like you? If so, let’s connect.
Why North Highland? Our employee ownership model enables you to grow through your choices and build the firm. We’ll provide challenging opportunities to learn, and we’ll coach you as you grow personally and professionally. We offer an array of resources and training (both on- and off-the job) to help our people expand their knowledge, sharpen their skills and aim for the next level.
At North Highland, you’re not a number. Our firm is large enough to scale up and tackle the most complex challenges, but small enough where we can each quickly make our mark for our clients.
We started as three leaders gathered around a kitchen table. Entrepreneurial spirits are welcome here.
Lead Systems Engineer | Cloud
The Lead Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for end-to-end technical support of complex applications. The ideal candidate would be a world-class technologist with a strong desire to dive deep into complex technical challenges and resolve them. This role will split their time between operational support and proactive availability threat hunting. Keeping the business up and running is the singular objective of this role. It requires someone who lives for the hunt of finding what went wrong and fixing it fast. Must be willing and able to own the issue and drive it, with maniacal focus, towards resolution.
- Keen understanding and technical intuition for all potential Support and Operational problems that could happen in a matured enterprise environment
- Extensive experience in as many major Java frameworks as possible (Spring, Strut, Hibernate, JSF, Grails etc) in a full stack capacity
- Candidate must have strong technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts with management, architects, developers and systems & applications engineering teams.
- Deep expertise in Public Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure – IaaS, PaaS) and internal hosting infrastructure (server, storage, networking, etc.).
- Extensive experience with containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Azure Service Fabric, Lambda.
- Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols.
- Experience with eventing queue management technologies such as Rabbit MQ and Websphere MQ.
- Expert level knowledge of Splunk with ability to mine large datasets for critical triage data.
- UNIX/LINUX server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures (Windows a plus, but not required)
- Web (Apache), .Net & Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Knowledge of networking and load balancers concepts.
- Strong ability and desire to troubleshoot and solve complex technology issues in the shortest amount of time possible while demonstrating complete ownership of restoration efforts.
- Able to assess new application development to identify issues that may result in operational challenges after launch.
- Ability to apply strong knowledge of core technologies to various applications built on those technologies.
- Able to liaison with various development teams to drive stability and availability improvements as a result of deep technical analysis of their systems.
** Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship by North Highland. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided, now or in the future, for this position.
Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cloud Engineer to apply
North Highland is a leading change and transformation consulting firm, recognized for its deep expertise and collaborative, action-oriented approach. Invested in our client’s success and powered by the belief that everything begins and ends with people, we bring together the brightest minds to create positive change and transform businesses through customer, workforce and operational lenses.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., and regularly named a best place to work, North Highland is an employee-owned firm with more than 5,000 consultants worldwide and 65+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cloud Engineer), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cloud Engineer and connect with us on 1411069969054, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cloud Engineer and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cloud Engineer.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Amazon Web Services
Server (Computer Science)