Calling all Directors of Construction Accounting
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000A bit about us:
We're a private equity real estate company that applies targeted acquisition strategies and active asset management to provide consistent risk-adjusted returns for investors. By structuring each investment as an individual partnership, we allows partners to invest directly. The company is headquartered out of Aspen, Colorado and San Francisco, California.
We're a multi-family property management firm also headquartered in San Francisco, CA and Aspen, CO. Our Management owns and operates a portfolio of multifamily properties throughout the United States including key markets such as Austin, Houston, Albuquerque, Portland, San Antonio, and Denver - with close to 4,000 units under management. Our mission is to bring our multifamily properties to their full potential; we achieve this through thoughtful capital improvements, effective management, and attention to detail. We strive to provide a safe, vibrant, and welcoming community for every tenant that we serve.
our people are our most valued asset. Our organization’s success is fueled by an engaged team that works together to achieve common goals, supports each other to provide superb customer service, and strives to find new and better ways to solve everyday challenges in the field.Why join us?
About Our Team
We value progressive thinkers who bring diverse experiences and viewpoints to the table. Our team members are system thinkers and operational experts. We are performance driven self-starters who embody an entrepreneurial mindset and thrive in being self-directed as well as team-oriented. We enjoy working with a team to build new systems and creatively use existing resources to proactively address challenges. We strive for continual improvement and excellent outcomes.
We are proud to provide our team members with…
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision plan options
- Free tele-doc platform for General Medicine, Dermatology, Mental Health, and Physical Therapy
- On-going training and development in topics relevant to the role
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal time off, as well as paid holidays
- Performance Bonus Programs
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance
Our company describes its culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
***This position is onsite in our Aspen, CO office***
The Director of Construction Accounting will be responsible for overseeing an estimated $10 million per year in renovation and restoration projects for our apartment portfolio. Based in Aspen, Colorado, you will be instrumental in overseeing all accounting efforts for the expenditures on renovations.
As a representative of our headquarters, you will build relationships with the entire central office team, as well as all Community Directors employed at our properties. You will be expected to project a positive and professional image of our construction department throughout the entire company and the communities where our properties are located. You will be the key connection between our on site teams, construction contractors/vendors on the ground, our lenders and our central leadership team. Your attention to detail and bar of excellence will be paramount in our growth and value add. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage renovation and construction budgets
- Run books for construction budgets and projects
- Submit draw requests to lenders for construction expenditures
- Process timely payments to construction vendors.
- Manage and oversee the permitting processes for each building and project as necessary
- Oversee contractors and partners throughout the entire contract (before, during, and after project), ensuring completion and quality.
- Interface with Property Managers to manage payments, vendor relations, budgets, etc.
- Ensure excellent quality of work and timeliness
- Develop relationships and networks in portfolio markets
Minimum Requirements + Skills:
- 4-10 years of relevant Accounting experience; ideally in construction and/or Property Management with a track record of success
- Strong project and people management skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrates a strong sense of teamwork
- Exhibits outstanding communication in order to get things done in a timely and precise manner
- Self-directed and highly organized
- Attention to detail, and expectation of excellence
- BA or BS in accounting, business, real estate, or related field
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
Attention To Detail