type of req
General Dynamics Information Technology (IT) has partnered with NASA to consolidate select Procurement, Finance, Human Resources (HR), and Information Technology activities from the 10 NASA Centers into a single shared services center located at Stennis Space Center in southern Mississippi.
The mission of the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC) is to provide timely, accurate, high-quality, cost-effective, and customer-focused support for select NASA business and technical services.
General Dynamics IT has an opportunity on the NSSC contract for an HR Supervisor to contribute to our organization’s success in providing personnel services support to NASA. This will be a full-time position, located onsite at NASA Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
The NSSC provides personnel services support to NASA in the areas of payroll, time and attendance, personnel action processing, personnel folder maintenance, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation and leave programs. The HR Supervisor will be responsible for management and oversight of the personnel services performed for NASA.
- Manage and lead the development and optimization of Personnel Services at the NSSC.
- Recruit, staff and train required resources to maintain successful operations within each service activity.
- Complete and maintain accurate and timely deliverables of contractual documentation to include Service Delivery Guides, work instructions, data requirements documents (DRDs), and procedures related to Personnel Services.
- Report on performance standards and service level indicators (SLIs), monitor performance, and initiate corrective actions to meet targets.
- Assist with strategic workforce planning and management activities for the HR Service Provide (SP) organization.
- General supervisory duties to include: setting priorities, assigning work, monitoring and evaluating performance, providing input to budget needs, coaching and developing employees, approving leave, and taking or recommending corrective/disciplinary actions as appropriate.
The candidate must have in depth knowledge and experience applying the following technical knowledge/competencies:
- Payroll and time and attendance processing
- Federal personnel action processing
- Competitive Personnel Actions / Non-Competitive Personnel Actions
- Maintenance of official personnel folders (OPF)
- Workers’ Compensation
- Unemployment Compensation
- Federal Leave Programs
- Veterans Benefit Programs
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of supervisory or management experience is required.
- Minimum of 8 – 12 years of Federal HR experience. Experience in payroll, personnel, and reporting and analyzing HR systems and databases preferred.
- Knowledge and application of OPM and Federal HR regulations.
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.