Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center, Indiana's first community mental health center, provides comprehensive care for emotional and behavioral problems, including severe mental illness and substance abuse. The Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center offers both inpatient and outpatient services, including several outreach centers as well as clinic- and community-based services.
Sandra Eskenazi Community Mental Health Centers , Indiana’s first community mental health center has a philosophy of care that stresses strength-based, community centered treatment that utilizes the recovery model and welcomes all patients from children to seniors.
Our mission is to Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve, with special emphasis on the vulnerable populations of Marion County, Indiana. We are comprised of several clinics, outreach centers and community based services whose primary mission is to serve individuals with serious mental illness and chronic addictions, as well as seriously emotionally disturbed children and their families.
Sandra Eskenazi Community Mental Health Centers is seeking an innovative and strategic Director of Clinical Services to join our Senior Leadership. The position has accountability for planning, organizing and directing programming for all client/patient care services as deemed necessary and required by Community Mental Health Center regulatory requirements; to include other clinical program initiatives as determined by the CEO and COO.
Director of Clinical Services is responsible for overall training and management of quality, regulatory readiness, patient safety, and combination of clinical and operational management as well as managing and engaging people to achieve organizational goals in all areas for which incumbent is responsible. This position is also responsible for ensuring patient and family expectations are met or exceeded in all areas for which incumbent is accountable. The Clinical Director merges the art and science of mental health services to meet the patient care needs amidst the realities of fiscal stewardship; may be required to function in a clinical capacity on occasion.
The Director of Clinical Services:
- Works collaboratively with Director of Operations in support decision-making and oversight of its programs/services and serves as member of the executive leadership team and as such participates in decision-making, policy determination, and planning and operations of the areas under his/her control
- Plans, coordinates and directs clinical activities within Sandra Eskenazi Community Mental Health Department towards the organization’s strategic plans, goals, mission, vision, and values of PRIDE
- Provides leadership support in the clinical services in the areas under his/her control and ensures standards of patient care are met and advises CEO, COO, CMO, medical staff, clinic managers, and the Governing Board in matters related to clinical services
- Working within a matrix model of supervision, works with physician and site leadership, and the senior leadership team to oversee the activities of all staff
- Develops and maintains standards that ensure quality of care in the delivery of program services and compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Assist Director of Operations in creating appropriate budget(s) and monitors expenditures
- Identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department taking into account business trends, resource availability and changes in patient demographics and medical status
- Establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors; participates and monitors patient satisfaction surveys and other benchmark metrics
- Identifies and remedies through continuous customer satisfaction data and physician and employee involvement
- Ensures recognition, respect for and adherence to patient rights and facilitates positive communication between patients and staff
- Assists in the improvement of patient relations between staff and patient/families by keeping the lines of communication open; serves as liaison for patients’ problems and needs to clinic management
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective measures taken to address patient complaints or grievances
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to resolving problems that affect patients by having knowledge of how those various disciplines operate within the Eskenazi Health and Eskenazi Mental Health; directs and manages the training of staff in customer service improvement techniques and heightens their awareness through leading by example
- Participates and monitors patient satisfaction surveys and other benchmark metrics
- Recommends establishment of policies and procedures to promote positive patient and organizational outcomes
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and/or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and/or Licensed Mental Health Counselor with a minimum of 6 years of management experience in a Community Mental Health Center
- Would prefer additionally to above qualifications, Master’s degree in Business/Administration/Public Health or minimum of 6 years of Mental Health business management experience.
- Maintains professional development through a variety of activities such as national certification, ongoing education, conferences, teaching and participating in appropriate professional organizations
Community Mental Health Services