The Registered Nurse (RN) is essential in our ability to provide the highest quality of care for each of those patients. As a Registered Nurse (RN) at Valley Behavioral Health, you will play a vital role in our efforts to provide the best possible service to the individuals and families who turn to us in their time of need. You’ll provide professional, compassionate care to the individuals and families who come to our facility seeking help for the mental health and addiction challenges that have damaged their lives.
Our Valley Registered Nurse team collaborates well with physicians, builds therapeutic but professional rapport with patients, and is committed to helping people. The treatment patients receive from our RNs helps us fulfill our mission of providing individualized care that is of the highest quality. When you join our nursing team, you will have the opportunity to do the best work of your career while providing a valuable service to individuals in need, their families, and their caregivers
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
Shifts are 8 hours with rotating weekends. Nurses will get 2 days off during the week where they are scheduled for weekend shifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician’s orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient’s status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required by Arkansas
- Previous psych nursing experience preferred
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification preferred (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)