Octo is hiring and we offer a fantastic work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits. You would be a great fit for this role if you have at least 3-5 years of accounting experience, a degree, and have experience working for a government contracting company.
This is a staff level experience role that provides support to manage a diverse set of Accounting Operations tasks including Accounting, General Ledger, Revenue, Payroll and Expenses as well as contracts support elements.
Great company including a fast-paced, growth environment and a strong culture. Key assets of the individual will include intelligence and problem-solving capabilities as well as analytical and critical thinking capabilities coupled with strong attention to detail, 3-5 years, accounting, GL reconciliation and timekeeping system experience, system/technical aptitude, as well as willingness and drive to learn and grow in a dynamic environment with multiple hats and changing requirements.
- Manage full cycle invoicing process for assigned FFP, T&M and CPFF programs
- Manage the status of customer accounts and balances by issuing invoices, posting payments, and identifying inconsistencies
- Monitor payments due from clients and resolve past due payments accordingly
- Maintains general ledger reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies, and performing accounts reconciliation
- Monitor receivable balances including performing collection activities for assigned programs
- Assist as a Unanet Time Systems Administrator to ensure personnel changes have been updated
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist in creating and submitting of customer invoices
- Provides Accounting support to management
- High degree of attention to detail
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits and compensation package.
- 3 to 5 years of Accounting/Invoicing/General Ledger experience
- Strong MS Excel capabilities, and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reconciliation and analysis capabilities, Problem Solving skills, process improvement oriented, Research capable, Time Management, Data Entry Management.
- Candidates with government contracting experience will be given preference
- Unanet Time and Expense Experience preferred
- Government Billing Experience Preferred
- MS Dynamics SL ERP System - AP and/or Accounting system experience
- Customer service oriented; must be detail-oriented
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; build trusted partnership with internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong Excel (pivots and logical), PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related quantitative field.
Complex Problem Solving
Attention To Detail