To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hudson, NH 03051
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Hudson, NH
Posted 1 month ago
Jacobs is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Perform the role of Product Owner on a development team that follows a Scaled Agile process to deliver airdrop and mission planning solutions for DoD and direct commercial sales customers. Successful candidate will be responsible for defining and accepting user stories, product quality, and working with Product Management to prioritize the team backlog.
Work Scope (Duties & Responsibilities):
Work scope may include any/all of the following duties:
- Develops, analyzes, and decomposes Epics, Feature, User Stories and Requirements to meet operational user needs.
- Works with end-users to understand needs, workflows and operational environment.
- Assists in planning iterations, design, integration and testing of software for aeronautical and aviation related applications, as well as commercial systems. Evaluates work products and software builds for compliance with requirements, design and user needs.
- Builds and maintains team backlog.
- Coordinates dependencies and integration points with other teams.
- Defines detailing, estimating, and accepting user stores against acceptance criteria.
- Provides technical support and information to the team throughout the development lifecycle, and supports analyses and resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Participates in working groups, events, meetings and other collaborative activities with the development team, customers, and users; prepares and reviews technical reports and software documentation.
- Active participation in team retrospectives.
- Completion of employee performance appraisals and employee counselings, if assigned the responsibilities of employee supervision.
Education and Experience:BS degree in Computer or System Science discipline and 8 years of relevant experience; or a MS degree in Computer or System Science discipline and 7 years of relevant experience; or a PhD in Computer or System Science discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) processes and methodologies;
- Experience with Agile teams such as SCRUM or Kanban;
- Creation of user stories and managing team backlog;
- Excellent oral presentation skills and ability to demonstrate software to customers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities preferred:
- Familiarity with development tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS);
- Experience with Windows operating systems; and general familiarity with software programming languages such as C and C#;
- Agile metrics and performance monitoring principles and methods;
- Risk Management;
- quality assurance principles;
- technical documentation methods and procedures;
- systems security methods and procedures;
- analytical methods;
- good oral and written communication techniques;
Sufficient to accomplish assignments such as:
- perform routine and recurring assignments in the specialty area;
- identify and resolve issues and problems;
- prepare and update manuals, instructions, and operating procedures;
- provide information and assistance to customers;
- evaluate established methods and procedures and prepare recommendations for changes in methods and practices where appropriate;
- ensure the application of appropriate security measures to the assignment.
Training & Certifications:
• Scaled Agile Framework and/or related Agile training and certifications desired
Guidelines (level of supervision required to perform):
- Determines the most appropriate principles, practices, and methods to apply in all phases of assignments, including the approach to be taken, degree of intensity, and depth of research in management advisories; frequently interprets regulations on his/her own initiative, applies new methods to resolve complex and/or intricate, controversial, or unprecedented issues and problems, and resolves most of the conflicts that arise; and keeps the supervisor informed of progress and of potentially controversial matters.
- Uses guidelines and precedents that are very general regarding policy statements and objectives.
- The employee decides what needs to be done by conducting extensive investigation and analysis of largely undefined factors and conditions to determine the nature and scope of problems and to devise solutions. The employee makes continuing efforts to develop new concepts, theories, or programs, or to solve problems that have previously resisted solution.
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
- Uses judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness in deviating from established methods to: modify, adapt, and/or refine broader guidelines to resolve specific complex and/or intricate issues and problems; treat specific issues or problems; research trends and patterns; develop new methods and criteria; and/or propose new policies and practices.
- Work involves: establishing criteria; formulating projects; assessing program effectiveness; and/or investigating/analyzing a variety of unusual conditions, problems, or issues.
- Work affects a wide range of company activities or the activities of other organizations.
- Work consists of broad functions and processes such as planning and leading efforts to address issues in areas where precedents do not exist and establishing new concepts and approaches.
- Assignments are characterized by exceptional breadth and intensity of effort and often involving several activities being pursued concurrently or sequentially with the support of others within or outside the company.
- Systems Engineers
Sedentary-involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday in connection with travel to and from meeting and conferences. May carry light items, such as reports, data products, notebooks and laptops.
Cubical environment in a restricted work area and laboratory settings.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment and machines: personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Work may require occasional to frequent travel.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance, if applicable.
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our four Core Values: PEOPLE are the heart of our business, CLIENTS are our valued partners, PERFORMANCE excellence is our commitment and profitable GROWTH is an imperative. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit <web address removed>